- All our accommodation is totally self-contained, with full kitchen and chef
- Your housekeeping is a daily service. Please note for the health of our staff and guests, any room servicing will be undertaken when guests are not present in the room
- There is a separate laundry with washing machines on site where your housekeeper will take your laundry to be cleaned
- There is complimentary Wi-Fi
- All the beds are covered with large square nets which are sprayed every day and extra spray is provided
- There is a backup generator for when the local power services fail
Four Twenty South is comprised of three unique and characterful beachfront houses, stylish and simple, staffed with personal chef and housekeeper on Kenya’s stunning south coast. Set in its own section of tropical garden, each house boasts natural privacy while benefiting from the security of being part of a single property.
CHIKORE - two bedrooms, two bathrooms
Chikore, meaning a small noisy bird in Kidigo, is a lovely 2-bedroom house with antique arched windows and two bathrooms ensuite. The sitting room is comfortable with beautiful antique Chinese furniture (a relic of the Indian Ocean trade routes) and original art. The house is very private, being tucked away in the gardens but boasts a lovely big veranda with a framed view of the beach. The bedrooms are air conditioned and there are also overhead and stand fans.
Kualuka, meaning ‘to welcome’ in the local language Kidigo, is a spacious 3-bedroom house. There is a double bedroom, two twin bedrooms, one ensuite with bathroom and dressing room and a shared bathroom with shower, sitting room, kitchen and veranda. Mere steps away from the sea, this house with antique furniture and original art works is a bright and breezy home from home.
Dzumbe, meaning homestead in the local language Kidigo, has two double and two twin rooms, all ensuite, with both internal and external access and an ensuite double annex with its own entrance, sleeping 10 people in all. Designed in the Swahili style, with a high central hallway, the huge doorways draw in the sea breeze which circulates around the house providing natural air-conditioning. Stylishly decorated with eclectic antiques and original art works from famous Kenyan artists this is a perfect house for a family reunion or a group of friends.